Seed Production Manager
Seed Production Manager
Storm Seeds is Passion for Progress! We are a vegetable seed company in Belgium, located in Oudsbergen. The company was founded in 1996 and remains a private and independently owned company. www.stormseeds.com
Tasks - Seed Production Manager
The Production Manager is responsible for commissioning, controlling, delivering and
administratively managing the production of pea, bean, soy, and leek seeds that meet
- As seed production specialist you will plan the production of required seeds. This means assigning productions to suppliers/growers, monitoring progress, verifying the quality, advice on cultivation, phytosanitary requirements, and handling transport methods.
- Your tasks include administrating the production orders in the logistics system and allocating stock seed. You coordinate the dispatch of seed to suppliers/growers, maintain the production administration, and evaluate the suppliers/growers and their production. You provide them with cultivation/technical information and discuss the progress and quality of seed production.
- You will visit producers regularly to perform seed growing inspections, price negotiation, and take care of production agreements. You will represent Storm Seeds at meetings and conferences related to seed production and participate in departmental meetings.
- This position will also require frequent (inter-)national travel.
Your Profile - Seed Production Manager
In addition to a targeted education (Bachelor or Master degree in a plant science / agricultural / horticultural direction), it is important that you bring experience suited to this position. This experience can come from example previous work at a seed company or a farm, research, or plant breeding. You are a team player, and you can work well on your own. You won’t hesitate to ask for information when needed but you are also very adept at tracking down information by yourself. You must be excellent at planning and organizing. You have good command of the English language and have knowledge of German. You enjoy travelling, both nationally and internationally. Knowledge and operation of agricultural equipment is very welcome. You have a hands-on mentality and are enthusiastic and motivated to improve our seed productions.
- Young, internationally oriented team.
- Excellent working conditions.
Interested in Seed Production Manager?
We offer you a pleasant and friendly working environment and opportunities to develop yourself, plus an attractive salary package depending on your experience and knowledge. Address your application via email to:
Danielle Evens: email@example.com
Mention within your application : Agri Food match.