Are you a result-driven innovation manager, who combines strategic thinking with a hands-on mentality? Do you have relevant R&D experience, preferably in flavour development and application? Would you like to work for a successful international company that makes pet food taste great? We are looking for you!
AFB International is a global science and technology leader in pet food palatability, developing and producing a full range of liquid and dry palatability enhancers. As an expert in pet food, AFB International is partners with pet food manufacturers to create better-tasting dog and cat foods, treats and supplements, meeting the specific needs of the pets and pet owners they serve. The ambition is to continue to grow the wonderful portfolio through breakthrough innovation and market expansion. The success of the company is determined by being the product leader in the market, an ambitious and professional attitude embedded in an informal culture which is aimed at broad cooperation across all disciplines of the business.
The company is part of Ensign-Bickford Industries, Inc. (EBI), a privately-owned high technology conglomerate, and has offices and/or production facilities in the USA (global HQ), Europe, Latin America, Mexico, Australia and China. The location in Europe is based in Oss, The Netherlands. This site has a state-of-the-art high-tech production and research facility for the European market. For the European business unit we are looking for an innovation manager to join the growing R&D team.
Functie omschrijving - Innovation Manager
Responsible for innovations
- Successfully lead multidisciplinary, international project teams to deliver the innovation and renovation projects against agreed quality, timelines and costs.
- Leveraging data and insights to create the innovation platform strategy that will drive business.
- Propose new ideas and projects to Senior R&D leadership to develop short-term and long-term innovative strategies, inclusive research and avenues within the pet food flavour industry.
- Ability to set research programs with external partners, like university grants and/or joint development agreements.
- Contribute to the innovation pipeline with winning concepts that feed into market execution plans.
- Coordinate, optimize and validate prototypes, raw materials, analytics, sensory, shelf-life and costs.
- Plan and deliver technical and scientific evaluations and recommendations in R&D projects.
- Lead innovation decision-making regarding research priorities and providing information on feasibility of prospective European projects, in alignment with the global innovation strategy.
- Provides strong coaching, development and leadership to the team.
- You report to the director of R&D in Europe and will work in a team with scientists, product developers, application & regulatory managers. In the near future you will lead a team of 2 scientists.
Functie eisen - Innovation Manager
Senior scientist with R&D experience and a passion for flavour development
- BSc/MSc/PhD Degree in Food Technology, Food Science, Food Engineering or Bio-/ Chemistry.
- Minimum 5 years of R&D experience in food product development, manufacturing, research & development, preferably in the area of flavours.
- FMCG background in food and beverages.
- Preferred (but not exclusive) experience as line manager of small teams (2-3 members).
- Fluent in English (oral and written), at ease in an international environment. Other languages are a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good sense of teamwork and networking skills.
- Result oriented combined with entrepreneurial and innovative mindset.
- Ability to prioritize and oversee multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Accurate and strong analytical skills.
- Natural leader.
AFB International offers an interesting opportunity to contribute to the growth strategy and strong ambitions of an international and innovative ‘niche-player’ with an open and entrepreneurial culture. A professional environment where taking initiative and creativity are highly appreciated. Decisions are taken quickly thanks to short communication lines. They offer a competitive remuneration package. Based on your unique skills, experience and background, there are career opportunities within AFB International.
Interesse in Innovation Manager?