Commercial Manager Europe
Commercial Manager Europe
Are you an accomplished commercial professional with horticultural experience? Is developing a growing European market what you love best?
W. Atlee Burpee (Burpee) is a leading company and partner for the home gardener. We are a company of gardeners, for gardeners. The company was founded in 1876 and is based in Warminster, Pennsylvania, USA. Burpee is the number one brand in home gardening in the United States.
Burpee Europe Ltd. was established in May 2012 in the UK to carry out plant breeding research and seed sales of Burpees' proprietary varieties across Europe. In 2015, Burpee NL was founded in The Netherlands to expand the research activities initiated at Burpee Europe. A nursery was purchased close to Rotterdam to serve as a permanent base for these activities. Burpees' primary focus in Europe is the breeding and development of new varieties of vegetables and flowers for use by home gardeners and professional plant growers around the world. Burpee Europe Ltd focuses on marketing, sales and order fulfilment to the Eurasian geographical area.
Recently, Burpee established a master distribution agreement with the French company Graines Voltz. This new relationship opens immediate opportunities to accelerate Burpee Europe’s expansion.
The European team currently consists of 6 professional colleagues. To facilitate further growth in Europe, we are searching for a Commercial Manager Europe.
Functie omschrijving - Commercial Manager Europe
Market and customer development in EMEA region
- Work closely with Burpee’s exclusive distributor Graines Voltz in France and other EU countries to maximize the distribution partnership. Own the day-to-day relationship and connection with Graines Voltz (supply, marketing, selling materials.)
- Lay out a multi-year plan to profitably expand Burpee Europe with Managing Director and Graines Voltz. Frame the opportunity and requirements.
- Own business development and sales for Burpee’s professional sunflower program.
- Create a compelling customer proposition for the specific products in the marketplace.
- Organise and implement marketing activities and product demonstrations at the Dutch facilities as required. Work closely with Holland breeding team.
- Develop partnership opportunities with industry players.
- Prepare and manage annual operating budgets. Communicate progress frequently and effectively with Managing Director and Warminster Supply team.
- Analyze potential market, competition, industry trends, and product opportunities.
- Manage the day-to-day business by closely cooperating with the internal departments to provide support and technical information to customers.
- Take part in specialist or multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Travel to clients' locations to conduct interviews or product demonstrations, as needed
- The Commercial Manager reports directly to UK based Managing Director Burpee Europe and UK, Simon Crawford.
Location: Ridderkerk or Home Office
Functie eisen - Commercial Manager Europe
Ambitious and experienced Horticultural professional; client focused and result driven
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Economics, Business Administration or Management.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role as e.g. (International) Sales Manager, Account Manager, or Commercial Director.
- Experience and an existing network in the industry is preferable.
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English, both oral and written. French optional, but highly preferred.(Inter)national travel.
- Self-starter and results oriented with a positive outlook.
- Focus on high quality and customer oriented.
- Strong communication skills, comfortable in dealing with a range of people.
- Flexible with entrepreneurial mind set.
- Takes initiatives, always on the lookout for sales opportunities.
- Keen for responsibility and accountability.
Burpee offers a challenging position with room for your own initiatives and input. Your entrepreneurial mindset and sales results are rewarded with a competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits.
Interesse in Commercial Manager Europe?
Burpee has exclusively outsourced the recruitment and selection for this position to CeresRecruitment. You can send your application only through www.ceresrecruitment.nl.
For further information, please visit the company website www.burpeeeurope.com, www.burpee.com or contact Saskia Bierma at +31 6 52 774 091.
A personality questionnaire will be part of the recruitment process.